Chairs - found in parents basement..pretty sure they have been down there forrrr possibly 15+ years after they were given to my mom from my grandmother. Ive been searching for chairs for our new (well hopefully new soon) home to put in the front room - I wanted barrel chairs..luckily my parents basement is an antique pit - and viola! I thought I was going to leave the cane..wrong! I thought I was going to leave the back on and cover over it...wrong! Oh the burlap on the bottom I was going to leave too..not so much! I literally took them to the barest of bare bones..what the hell was I thinking?! Im in the process of painting them black, which isnt easy in humid weather. Fabric? I have no idea..was going to go with something funky but Im positive in two years I would hate it..so Im thinking something plain, with funky pillow accents..and you think plain fabric would be easy to find..ITS NOOOOTTTTTT. Went to Calico Corners and walked out with NOTHINGGGG..I have a terrible time finding fabric..exhibit a - my kitchen chairs are still waiting to be covered, poor things..good thing Ive added yet another fabric project to my list. Anyways, this is what the chairs looked like last night after ripping everything off - fabric, icky stuff inside the fabric..oh and hundreds of staples too! Off to putting on another coat of paint..uhg..
Most Loved | September
10 hours ago

1 comment:
Uhg, those have been down there for ATLEAST 20 years or more. Dont paint em black!! Stain them or actually I would paint them heirloom white, glaze them to look "antiqued" and add a darker fabric and some bright pillows. I will email you a pic of what you should do...
Post a Comment